Reduce your material cost without fear of compromising package performance.
Oliver™ Ovantex® is a strong, breathable, synthetic fiber-based substrate with exceptional sterile barrier properties. This medical-grade material is made of a blend of synthetic fibers and cellulose-based components. Ovantex® is coated with Xhale®, a non-toxic hot melt heat-sealable adhesive applied in a uniform dot pattern to maintain breathability. Ovantex® is ideal for medical device and pharmaceutical applications packaged in thermoform-fill-seal lid stock, peel pouches, and medical packaging films for products including:
- IV tubing sets
- Sterile sponges
- Prefilled syringes
- Surgical prep kits
- Drug delivery devices
- Dental implants
- Wound dressings
- Cardiovascular devices
- Meets EN868-6 requirements for use in sterilizable packaging.
- Microbial barrier superior to medical grade papers and comparable to 1.76 ox/yd2 spun-bonded olefin.
- Greater thickness consistency than other substrates commonly used for medical packaging.
- Tear strength that fills the gap between spun-bonded olefin and paper.
- Provides outstanding performance, in compliance with ISO 11607 requirements
- Gamma radiation